Контрольная работа должна иметь титульный лист, нумерацию страниц, список использованной литературы, в конце работы дату ее выполнения и личную подпись студента.
Контрольная работа должна быть написана четким, понятным почерком, без исправлений.
На страницах работы следует оставить поля (3 см) для замечаний проверяющего преподавателя.
Контрольная работа № l
Раскройте скобки, употребляя глагол в одном из следующий времен: Present
Simple, Present Continuous, Future Simple.
1. Jason (not/come) with us this evening.
2. What this sign (mean)?
3. We usually (meet) at the sports centre every Monday afternoon.
4. I promise, I (come) to you place next Sunday.
5. John and Mary (play) chess at the moment.
Исправьте грамматические ошибки в предложениях:
1. Steve goes fishing tomorrow.
2. I am visiting my grandparents every week.
3. Will you to clean the carpet, please.
4. Peter looks for a new house these days.
5. Are you believing this information?
Составьте предложения из следующих групп слов:
1. to/ going/ conference/ attend/ marketing/ are/on/you/the?
2. does/ his/ often/ coffee/ he/ for/ secretary/ not/ a/ ask.
3. phone/ making/ is/ appointment/ now/ the/ he/ on/ an.
4. on/ leaving/ business/ Brussels/ he/ for/is.
5. extra/ nobody/ hours/ to/ wants/ work.
Задание № 4
Выберите правильную форму глагола:
1. Mary met her husband while she worked/ was working/used to work in
2. Last month the company cancelled/ was canceling/ used to cancel three
3. The government provided/were providing/ used to provide much more
help for disabled people than they do now.
Задание № 5
Переведите на английский язык:
Вчера он был очень занят. Он пошел в банк поменять деньги. Когда он выходил из банка, у него зазвонил мобильный телефон. Звонил клиент, Чтобы пригласить на бизнес-ланч. Он поблагодарил клиента и принял приглашение.
Задание № 6
Переведите на русский язык:
1. France is not as big as Canada.
2. Their car was twice as expensive as ours.
3. The Park Hotel is less expensive then the Plaza.
4. The King George Hotel is the least expensive of all.
5. Much more people are opening their own business these days.
6. Call me if you need further information.
7. This document is even more valuable than that one.
8. These partners are the most unreliable I have ever had.
Задание № 7
Раскройте скобки, поставив прилагательные в нужную степень
1. Не is a far (intelligent) person than the previous personal manager.
2. The (much) we go into the matter, the much complex it becomes.
3. The local wages are a bit (high) then they used to be two previous years.
4. His last business trip was (successful) of all.
5. Reliable quality is (essential) for customers as low prices.
Задание № 8
Переведите предложения на английский язык.
1. Эта проблема намного важнее той, которую мы обсуждали вчера.
2. Сейчас объем продаж быстро снижается, поэтому наша компания
старается найти новые, более перспективные, рынки сбыта.
3. Пока менеджер по продажам ждал телефонного звонка, клиенты
подтвердили заказ факсом.
Задание № 9
Прочитайте текст и выполните задания к тексту.
The great advantage of globalization is that it increases competition. Companies and firms have to order their affairs carefully so that they compete in a global market. But that is outweighed by a large number of disadvantages.
The first one is that it hurts the local government's ability to deal with issues like welfare benefits, wages and taxes mainly because the corporation is able to say to the British Government or to the French Government or to the American Government, "Look unless you lower your taxes on us, we'll be moving off to South East Asia or Latin America", and so on. And so it takes out of the hands of the government the ability to control their own welfare system and provide a decent infrastructure for their people. Now this is not so bad as long as there is some negotiation between governments and companies. But more and more in recent years, companies have started to rule the roost. There is an opinion that the corporation is the most important institution in our lives. They can now dictate to governments and some kind of give-and-take between governments and corporations is of great importance.
Another problem is one of unemployment in the Western world. As companies want to improve their profitability, they are going to be looking for the low-cost, low-wage centres. And we're just about to see a major change in the global economy, bесаusе of the addition of China and India to the global labour market. There are great advantages in this but there are a lot of problems as well because China and India are going to provide a skilled population. Also, they are going to provide fairly good infrastructures for the companies that are going to go out there. So we are going to see a flight of capital from the West which is going to be sudden and dramatic. If this is too sudden and is not managed properly we could find very severe employment problems in the Western world.
Nowadays more and more companies are struggling to become global. But being a global company means not only the improvement but also problems. Fortune Garments, one of Hong Kong's oldest trading groups, which makes high quality clothing, has become global: it has over 3000 suppliers in 17 countries and employs stuff from all over the world in its head office and factories. It is expanding rapidly in foreign markets with sales over $ US 1.8 bn.
Fast delivery, innovative design, and reliable quality are essential for success in the fashion business. Fortune Garments' Chairman, Michael Chau, is proud that his company can usually accept a major order and deliver the goods to a customer within four weeks. However, globalization has brought problems in the company's overseas plants, and this is having a bad effect on its share price. As the result the company can become the target of a takeover if it doesn't sort out its problems soon.
Задания к тексту:
1. Найти русские эквиваленты к английским словам и выражениям:
|1. negotiation||а. перевешивать|
|2. addition||b. серьезный|
|3. decent||с. довольно|
|4. issue||d. дело|
|5. dramatic||e. дешевый|
|6. institution||f. низкооплачиваемый|
|7. properly||g. поглощение|
|8. provide||h. переговоры|
|9. severe||i. главным образом|
|10. affair||j. подходящий, приличный|
|11 . to outweigh||k. вступление, дополнение|
|12. fairly||1. предоставлять, обеспечивать|
|13. mainly||т. впечатляющий|
|14. low wage||п. учреждение|
|15. low cost||о. проблема, вопрос|
|16. take over||р. правильно, как следует|
2. Найдите предложения, содержание которых не противоречит
информации, изложенной в тексте:
1) Globalisation increases the power of governments.
2) Globalisation increases competition among companies.
3) Globalisation could lead to employment problems in the West.
4) Globalisation prevents governments from controlling their welfare
5) It takes Fortune Garments more than a month to accept an order
and to deliver the goods to the customer.
3. Расставьте предложения в правильном порядке в соответствии с текстом:
1) Companies are searching for new markets to reduce their expenses.
2) Having become global clothing company is facing new problems.
3) Competition in a global market makes companies order their
affairs more carefully.
4) In some countries, international companies influence
5) New markets are going to be found in the East.
КОНТРОЛЬНАЯ РАБОТА №2
Составьте предложения из следующих групп слов, употребляя глагол в
одном из времен: Past Indefinite, Present Perfect.
1. Calvin Klein / be / a leading fashion designer/ since the mid-1970s
2. in the past/ he/ take/ a passive approach/ to the counterfeit problem
3. how many letters/ the agency/ receive/ today?
4. McDonald's/ launch/ a new promotional campaign/ two weeks ago
Откройте скобки. Поставьте глаголы в Past Simple или в Present Perfect.
I'm worried about the sales of the range of fragrances we (launch) two years ago. In the fist year, sales (increase) steadily. However, since the beginning of this year, sales (fall) by almost 10%.
The reason for this is clear. Several films in SE Asia copy our designs and are now flooding the French market with them. This (become) a serious problem.
Last month, I (organise) a team of investigators. Up to now, they (find) many counterfeit goods, which the police (seize) and impounded. Yesterday, I (contact) several firms who (inform) me that they (have) similar problems. They all (lose) sales because of counterfeiting.
Переведите предложения на английский язык, употребляя времена Past
Simple, Present Perfect.
1. У компании Проктер и Гэмбл в этом году появились серьезные
2. Фармацевт по имени Джон Пембертон изобрел напиток Кока-Кола.
3. Цены упали в прошлом месяце, но сейчас они снова поднялись.
4. Билл потерял работу. Теперь он безработный.
Раскройте скобки, уцотребляя глаголы в страдательном залоге времен Present Simple, Past Simple, Future Indefinite.
1. Millions of cars (to export) from Japan every year.
2. The new strategic plan (to develop) a year ago.
3. The details (to discuss) at the meeting that will place at the end of the month.
4. The production of oil (to increase) by 10% next year.
5. Large companies (to organize) into several large departments, sometimes even divisions.
Задание № 5
Переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на использование страдательного залога.
1. The book is very popular because very important problems have been
2. His books will be referred to by all those who work at this problem.
3. The date was agreed upon by all the participants of the negotiation.
4. The project is much spoken about.
5. I'm sure he'll be listened to with great attention.
Переведите глаголы в скобках на английский язык, употребляя их в
требующемся времени в страдательном залоге.
1. Very important questions (затрагивать) in this article.
2. No positive agreement (приходить к, достигать) yet.
3. Company targets (определять) every year.
4. The companies in Europe traded exceptionally well during the year
and new products (представлять).
5. All relevant information about the meeting (представлять, снабжать)
Переведите предложения. Определите исчисляемые и
a) Gold is more expensive then silver.
b) Passengers learnt that their luggage was lost.
c) The news is really exciting.
d) I need an assistant to carry out experiments.
Задание №8 Выберите правильный вариант.
a) Could you help me carry my luggage\ luggages.
b) What are\ is the latest news?
c) We need information\ informations from you.
d) You've bought a nice, car, Your money is/are well
e) They booked accommodations\ accommodation in advance.
Прочитайте текст и выполните задания к тексту. Outdoor advertising
The world of outdoor advertising billboards, transport and «street furniture» (things like bus shelters and public toilets) -is worth about $18 billion a year, just 6% of all the world spending on advertising. But it is one of the fastest growing segments, having doubled its market share in recent years.
Outdoor advertising's appeal is growing as TV and print are losing theirs. The soaring costs of TV are prompting clients to consider alternatives. Dennis Sullivan, boss of Portland Group, a media buyer, calls outdoor advertising the last true mass-market medium. It is also cheap. In Britain, a 30-second prime-time TV slot costs over $100 000. Placing an ad on a bus shelter for two weeks works out at about $150.
Adding to its attraction has been a revolution in the quality of outdoor displays. Famous architects such as Britain's Sir Norman Foster are designing arty bus shelters and kiosks with backlit displays. Backlighting, introduced in Europe by Decaux and More, and plastic poster skins have vastly improved colour and contrast.
Movement is possible too. Smirnoff used new multi-image printing to make a spider, seen through a vodka bottle, appear to crawl up a man's back. And Disney advertised its «101 Dalmatians» video on bus shelters with the sound of puppies barking.
This sort of innovation has attracted a new class of advertiser. Recent data from Concord, a poster buyer, shows that in Britain, alcohol and tobacco have been replaced by entertainment, clothing and financial services as the big outdoor advertisers, like car makers, are using it in new ways. BMV ran a "teasers' campaign in Britain exclusively on bus shelters.
Particularly attractive to the new advertisers is street furniture, he fastest growing segment of the outdoor market. It accounts for some 20% in Europe and about 5% in America.
From The Economist
Задания к тексту
1) Найдите соответствующие объяснения английских слов и дайте их русские эквиваленты.
1. teaser advertisement 2.prime-time 3.innovation 4.display 5.to work out
a. the time when most people are watching television, the cost of
advertising is at its most expensive
b. an advertisement that is used to get the public interested by giving
very little information about the product
c. to calculate an amount
d. new idea, method of invention
e. an attractive arrangements of objects for people to look at or buy in
2) Найдите в тексте эквиваленты для следующих выражений:
a. рекламные щиты и плакаты
b. затраты на рекламу
c. размещение рекламы
d. быстро растущие сегменты рынка
e. побуждать клиентов рассматривать альтернативу
f. проводить рекламу с интригующим сюжетом
g. увеличить долю рынка в два раза
h. подсчитать затраты
3) Переведите следующие предложения из текста на русский язык, определите в каждом из них видовременную форму глагола-сказуемого.
a. Outdoor advertising's appeal is growing as TV and print are losing
b. In Britain, a 30-second prime-time TV slot costs over $100,000.
c. Disney advertised its "101 Dalmatians" video on bus shelters with the
sound of puppies barking.
d. This sort of innovation has attracted a new class of advertisers.
Контрольная работа № 3.
Задание 1. Put the sentences into Passive and translate them.
1. Einstein (to award) with the Nobel Prize.
2. Several writers (to include) into the panel of judges.
3. The presentation (to broadcast) across Europe 2 days ago.
4. The presenation of the new brand (to be ready) tomorrow by 7 o’clock.
5. The new progect (to show) to our sponsors in several weeks.
Задание 2. Correct the mistakes if there are any.
1. A new project is developed recently.
2. The design is chosen now.
3. Our boss is being talking on the phone now.
4. The model of a new car is being built.
5. The new product will have already been bought.
Задание 3. Make up sentences.
1. market research / carry / this week / we
2. much / commercial / for / paid / money / was / new / the
3. are / presenations / his / interesting / very
4. people / to / see / being / came / many / tested / cars
5. interest / the / money / money / paid / is / we
Задание 4. Choose the right verb-form
1. Ususally the new leaflets are sent / are being sent / will have been sent by mail.
2. A new commercial was been / has been / is being created recently
3. Now advertising is placed / has placed / will be placed on hoardings.
4. Come! Free samples of the new product are given / are being given / will be being given on streets, we can take them.
5. Our designer’s new idea was been / is being / hasn’t been explained yet.
Задание 5. Translate into English.
Модель новой машины была показана на выставке в Москве. Она привлекла внимание клиентов, и нам удалось заключить несколько крупных контрактов. Мы планируем расширить производство и экспортировать новый продукт в Финляндию. Мы надеемся получить большие прибыли.
Задание 6. Текст «Advertising»
Advertisers tend to think big and this is why they’re always coming in for criticism. Their critics seem to resent them because they have a flair for self-promotion and because they have much money to throw around. Why don’t they stop advertising and reduce the price of their goods? After all, it’s the consumer who pays...
The poor old consumer! He’d have to pay a great deal more if advertising didn’t create mass markets for products. It’s precisely because of the advertising that consumer goods are so cheap. But we get the wrong idea if we think that the only purpose of advertising is to sell goods. Another equally important function is to inform. A great deal of knowledge we have about household goods derives largely from the advertisements we read. Advertisements introduce us to new products or remind us of the existing ones.
Lots of people pretend they never read advertisements, but this claim may be seriously doubted. It’s hardly possible not to read advertisements these days. And what fun they often are, too! Just think what a railway station or a newspaper would be without advertisements. Would you enjoy gazing at a blank wall or reading railway bye-laws while waiting for a train? Would you like to read only closely-printed columns of news in your daily paper? A cheerful, witty advertisement makes such a difference to a drab wall or a newspaper full of the daily ration of calamities.
We must not forget, either, that advertisement makes a positive contribution to our pockets. Newspapers, commercial radio and television companies could not subsist without this source of revenue. The fact that we pay so little for our daily paper, or can enjoy so many broadcast programmes is due entirely to the money spent by advertisers. Just think what a newspaper would cost if we had to pay its full price!
Задания к тексту:
1. Выберите выражения, не противоречащие тексту:
a) Advertising is an insiduous form of brainwashing.
b) Advertising makes railway stations brighter.
c) One of the main functions of advertising is to inform.
d) Iit’s the consumer who pays for advertising
e) Advertising is the main source of revenue for mass-media
f) Advertising cheapens the quality of life: most advertisings are in a poor taste.
g) Advertising creates demand for the things we don’t need.
h) Advertising shockingly interrupts our favourite TV programmes.
i) Advertising creates mass markets – therefore goods are cheap.
j) Some claim they never read advertisements: doubtful.
2. Найдите русские эквиваленты следующих слов и выражений:
Revenue мелодия из рекламы
Blank ужас, неприятность
Closely printed рекламный щит
Calamity бесплатный образец
Jingle телевизионная реклама
Free samples привлекающий внимание
Commercial напечатанный рядом
Convince пустой, голый
3. Переведите письменно абзацы 3 и 4
Дата добавления: 2014-12-15; просмотров: 23 | Нарушение авторских прав