Intonation usually goes down at the end of a statement.
A Fine View
Vivienne: Has the Vander family lived here for very long, Victor?
Victor: Five and a half years, Vivienne. We arrived on the first of February.
Vivienne: What a lovely view you have!
Victor: Yes. It’s fabulous.
Vivienne: Look! You can see the village down in the valley.
Victor: Yes. We just love living here because of the view.
Intone and read out the following sentences.
· This is a photograph of a fat farmer arriving at a village.
· The village is in a valley.
· The farmer is driving a van.
· It’s the seventeenth of November.
· It’s a fine day but it’s very cold.
Unit 11 Sounds /v/ /w/
Listen and practise the difference.
Listen to the words on the cassette. Write the words you hear.
Дата добавления: 2014-12-18; просмотров: 15 | Нарушение авторских прав