The living conditions, a shining star, a reading lamp, the melting ice, a melting point, living organisms, the blowing wind, observing facts, cutting tools, making the experiment, selling timber, waiting people, playing children, boiling milk, a moving body.
Найдите герундий. Скажите, по каким признакам вы его нашли. Переведите предложения.
1. Mastering a foreign language thoroughly (основательно) is not easy.
2. I like reading such kinds of books. 3. He began reading this article two hours ago. 4. Reading such articles is quite necessary. 5. Reading aloud is recommended.
6. There are many ways of solving this problem. 7. They started charging batteries.
8. By burning coal we may heat water in a boiler. 9. Measuring resistance is necessary in many experiments. 10. Nowadays scientists are working out methods for utilizing atomic energy for general use in peaceful purposes.
4. Определите, каким членом предложения является герундий. Переведите предложения.
1. Learning rules without examples is useless. 2. After finishing the laboratory work clean your working places. 3. We cannot make any experiments without putting the apparatuses in order first. 4. The radio-set is an apparatus for receiving sound programmes. 5. We can produce heat by burning oil, gas or any other fuel. 6. Adding heat to a substance does not always cause a rise in its temperature. 7. You can separate salts from the liquid by cooling the solution. 8. After filtering the liquid, heat it. 9. The boiling temperature of water is 100°C. 10. Gases and liquids return to their original form as soon as the applied force has stopped acting.
Укажите, по каким признакам можно отличить причастие I от герундия в данных предложениях.
1. Water changes into ice by freezing. One can't swim in a freezing river.
2. Experimenting is a scientific method. Every experimenting scientist works in a laboratory. 3. Look at the swimming children. Swimming is a good physical exercise. 4. Melting begins with warm weather. The melting snow flows down from the roofs through a pipe. 5. The doctor recommended sleeping in the open air. The woman carried the sleeping child in her arms. 6. One of the chemical processes is burning. Every burning thing produces smoke. 7. Boiling takes place at different temperatures. Boiling milk may run over. 8. Growing is a natural process of a living organism. Growing children need good food and physical exercise. 9. All young people finishing their studies at school must think of their future profession. 10. Choosing a profession is not easy.
Дата добавления: 2014-12-20; просмотров: 14 | Нарушение авторских прав