10. Translate the sentences paying attention to the italicized words
1. You should better undertake extensive market research.
2. It was quite necessary that she find (should find) the missing information.
3. It is likely (that) you should conduct your focus group for business.
4. My suggestion is that he begin (should begin) the survey at once.
5. I wish you could use the obtained data.
6. The accountant insists that you have a business plan.
7. If I were you, I should write a business plan first.
8. He speaks English as if he were an Englishman.
9. Should you repeat the words you will remember them.
10. Repeat the word so that you remember it.
11. The student must be attentive lest he should make mistakes.
1. He would have helped you in your research, but he couldn’t come.
2. You ought to have conducted your market research.
3. I wish you had gathered all the necessary data.
4. He speaks of Great Lakes as if he had been there.
5. If she had been at the meeting yesterday!
11. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct tense-forms
1. If I (to know) algebra well, I should help you to solve this problem.
2. If I (to run) into him in the street I should not recognize him, he has changed
3. They will not conduct their first experiment tomorrow unless the apparatus (to
4. If he (not to be) so lazy, he would not have failed in the examination.
5. If he (to be) well he could be present at the launching of the new product.
6. If he had had more spare time he (to take part) in the play.
7. Unless you are busy, we (to be able) to go skiing to the country.
8. If she remembers everything they say, she (to write) us about it.
9. If you called for the doctor she (to be) much calmer.
12. Translate the sentences with the if - clauses
1. Tell us if you were at the meeting with the president of our company.
2. He would be pleased if you stayed a little longer.
3. We should have enjoyed the performance if the main part had been played by
4. We should like to know if she wants to be examined by Doctor Brown.
5. He said that if the weather was fine he would take us to the forest.
6. If the weather were fine we should (would) have a very good time in the
7. I want to ask her if there are any foreign books in this library.
SPEAKING PRACTICE. A FOREIGN COUNTRY
13.1 Where are these two places situated?
1. One of the largest cities in the world is called Big Apple.
2. The Brooklyn Bridge was remarkable not only for the first use of the
pneumatic caisson but also for the introduction of steel wire.
Дата добавления: 2015-09-10; просмотров: 9 | Нарушение авторских правTHE FUTURE OF ENGLISH | NOUNS. Revise all the material concerning nouns. | BRITISH AND AMERICAN ENGLISH | CONTINUOUS TENSES IN ACTIVE VOICE | A FEW COMPONENTS OF CUSTOMER VALUE TODAY | A FEW WORDS ABOUT OPERATING A BUSINESS | Test your own attention. | PERFECT TENSES IN ACTIVE VOICE | THE REASONS FOR DEVELOPING A BUSINESS PLAN | Cumulative Review Exercises |