Using these pictures remember some facts about reflection seismology.
Answer the following questions.
1. What do geophysicists interpret the seismic data for?
2. What are three environments for seismic exploration?
3. What is the general principle of getting seismic data?
4. Which exploration tool is typical for sub-sea survey?
5. What non-geophysical issues may influence the choice of exploration technology?
6. What is the reflection seismic method?
7. What does that mean “reflection seismology is similar to sonar and echolocation”?
8. How are depths of geological structures determined?
9. In what case is a “spread correction” applied?
10. What is impedance?
Describe the method of geophysical exploration shown in the diagram.
Дата добавления: 2015-09-10; просмотров: 5 | Нарушение авторских правRemember some facts about pendulums and gravimeters. Determine their common features and differences. | Comment on the following statements. | Magnetic Methods | Place the sentences according to the order of their appearance in the text. | Electrical Methods | Equipotential-line and potential-profile methods. | Notion of DC resistivity method | WORDLIST | Terms and Vocabulary | Reflection Seismology |