Match the words in the right column with their synonyms in the left one.
|1. generate||A. power|
|2. excite||B. convey|
|3. protect from||C. characteristics|
|4. estimate||D. border|
|5. properties||E. stimulate|
|6. sufficient||F. create|
|7. boundary||G. evaluate|
|8. energy||H. satisfactory|
|9. transmit||I. defend from|
Match the words in A with the words in B to form collocations.
|1. encounter||A. exponentially|
|2. ray||B. output|
|3. frequency||C. gun|
|4. acquisition||D. boundary|
|5. storage||E. zone|
|6. transition||F. incidence|
|7. structural||G. medium|
|8. improve||H. impact|
|9. air||I. trap|
|10. positive||J. project|
|11. vertical||K. propagation|
Choose the most suitable word or word-combination.
1. Spread correction/ travel time/ plotting is time required for a seismic wave to travel from the source to storage medium/ sonar/ receptor.
2. Conclusions on presence or absence of hydrocarbons are usually made on the basis of data from impedance/ terrain/ reflection profiles.
3. In reflection method the energy initially propagates/ outputs/ plots downward and at some point times/ encounters / transmits a boundary which reflects it back.
4. In choosing a mean/ transition zone/ source array for a particular storage medium/ acquisition project/impedance one must consider a lot of factors.
5. Seismic data sets/ frequency output/ terrain may help to measure depth of source rock which is needed for construction of highways and big buildings.
6. The eruption of mount St. Helen’s produced a great propagation/ impact/ echolocation on the surrounding environment.
7. The equation contains a number of timing/ variables/ media.
8. The natural gas production rates increased by spread correction/ by incidence/ exponentially as enhanced oil recovery techniques were applied.
9. Seismic waves have lower velocity in solid storage medium/ medium /source array.
10. Tuned air gun array/ transition zone/ frequency output is one of the primary environments for seismic exploration.
Make up sentences, add words if necessary.
1. use/ interpret/ to map/ seismic/ structural/ technology/ maps/ geophysicists/ to.
2. the/ hydrophones/ used/ to/ record/ reflected/ are/ waves/ energy/ geophones/ and.
3. storage/ explosive/ environmental concerns/ are/ issues/ non geophysical/ terrain/ explosive use/ and.
4. reduce/ unsuccessful wells/ seismic/ the/ may/ survey/ number/ of.
5. average/ for/ absolute depth/ we/ the/ velocity/ need/ to know/ determination.
Дата добавления: 2015-09-10; просмотров: 11 | Нарушение авторских правTorsion balance. | Remember some facts about pendulums and gravimeters. Determine their common features and differences. | Comment on the following statements. | Magnetic Methods | Place the sentences according to the order of their appearance in the text. | Electrical Methods | Equipotential-line and potential-profile methods. | Notion of DC resistivity method | WORDLIST | Terms and Vocabulary |