Контрольная работа №1, 2
Open brackets using Future Simple or Future Continuous.
1. ... you (work) all tomorrow morning? 2. He (see) them tomorrow. He (tell) them what you said. 3. I (visit) her next day. I (ask) her then. 4. My son (stay) with my parents for the holidays. 5. ... you (live) here all month? 6. Don't disturb him, tomorrow at the moment he (see) his dentist. 7. I (see) the manager at the meeting next week. And he (give) me all the information he knows. 8. Next week this time he (drive) to Paris. 9. – ... you (come) to our party? – No, I (work) on my report at the time. 10. Don't leave your child alone! He (cry). 11. – ... she (meet) me? – No, she (be) busy at that time. 12. Don't forget to take your umbrella. It (rain) the whole day. 13. – What ... you (do) at six o'clock tomorrow? – I (play) piano.
14. He (leave) the hospital, as he feels better. 15. We (be) busy this evening, we (pack) our things. 16. He (like) the idea, I’m sure.
Make up questions.
a. “Yes” or “No” questions.
1. The man is waiting for you. 2. The children were playing in the garden from 9 till 11 a.m. 3. The delegation is arriving at 6 p.m. 4. She will be working at; all day next Sunday. 5. The boy was taking an exam at 3 yesterday. 6. They will be discussing that problem for 4 hours. 7. I’m playing chess now. 8. We are having a meeting just now. 9. Tomorrow she will be making a dress for her daughter. 10. Last year we were having problems with Chinese grammar.
B. Alternative questions.
1. You are translating now. 2. They will be helping her at 3 o’clock. 3. The children were drawing when I came.
4. She is having a shower now. 5. He is listening to jazz in that room. 6. He was looking at the picture for about 20 minutes. 7. The boys will probably be having dinner at 6. 8. We will be taking the dog out at 9 or 10 tonight.
9. When they arrived at office, I was talking to Mike. 10. Anne and Pete will be dancing at open stage tomorrow.
1. Pete is running fast. 2. Where is Alex? - He is doing his exercises. 3. Sarah and Bill are sitting on the sofa. 4. Max is drinking champagne. 5. We will be visiting a photograph next week. 6. They were solving the problem together when I came in. 7. They will probably be playing golf this time. 8. The students will be discussing the story next time. 9. Children were eating chips for breakfast yesterday. 10. Harry was smoking a cigar when parents saw him.
D. Tag questions.
1. You are enjoying the meeting. 2. She is working in a pub now. 3. The rescuers were helping people yesterday. 4. A man was speaking loudly in the next room. 5. Alice was staying this hotel last time. 6. Jack will be telling a fairy-tale to the children. 7. Mom will be watching TV at 7. 8. They were wearing masks. 9. They are driving too fast. 10. He will be travelling at 120 miles an hour.
Fill in the gaps in this letter with suitable verb forms using Present Simple, Present Continuous, Past Simple, Past Continuous.
Thank you for your entertaining letter, which (arrive) yesterday. I (begin) to feel much better now although my leg still (hurt) if I (walk) too far. Last weekend I (visit) some friends who (spend) their summer holidays just up the road from here. They are very nice – I (hope) you (meet) them if you (come) here next week. I (walk) to their house quite easily, but while I (walk) home, my leg (start) to ache really badly. So this week I (be) more careful.
I’m very pleased you (manage) to find that book about Indian music that I (look) for. I have some cassettes you can borrow if you (want). I must sleep now, because I (feel) rather tired.
Please write again and send me some books. This is a lovely place, but you know me, I (get) bored very quickly!
With much love, Alice.
Дата добавления: 2015-01-29; просмотров: 45 | Нарушение авторских прав